Ventura County Fair Photography Competition
The annual Photography Contest associated with the Ventura County Fair is the perfect venue for TOPG members of all skill levels to enter. You may choose to enter as an Amateur, Advanced Amateur or Professional. There are lots of opportunities for awards as there are 22 different classes in both black-and-white or color Divisions. This is a print competition, and all entries must be mounted on mounting board or foam core up to 16 x 20 inches.
You must preregister your entries before 10:00 PM on July 15, 2019 in order to compete. Register at https://vcf.fairwire.com/. It’s a bit awkward and confusing, but it can be done fairly painlessly.
Photos must be submitted to the fairgrounds between July 19 and July 21.
There are all sorts of specific rules regarding your entries, and you should carefully read the 2019 Photography Contest Guidelines. You should review all VC Fair Photo Competition Guidelines. The key things to remember are:
- You may submit a total of 8 prints with no more than 2 photos per class
- Photos must be mounted on mounting board or foam core
- NO colored borders, color mats, or double matting
- Borderless prints must be mounted edge-to-edge with no portion of the mounting board showing
- Photos must be no smaller than 8 x 10 and no larger that 16 x 20 inches, excluding photo stories
Remember, come view the photo competition entries between July 31 and August 11.
Once again, the key links are: